We are looking for a Senior Production Manager to join our company to bring a disruptive technology to the life science market. Curio Bioscience is founded by academic and industrial pioneers in life science technologies. The leadership team includes seasoned biotech entrepreneurs and reputable inventors with a strong track record of bringing innovative technologies from concept to commercialization.
Join our team as one of the earlier members and experience building a company from the ground up!
The Senior Production Manager is responsible for the planning, scheduling and supervision of production and inventory to meet sales and working capital objectives. As we are a small organization, all managers are expected to roll up their sleeves and wear several hats during the day and the Senior Production Manager will do the same. As we grow, the Senior Production Manager will hire staff to meet increased demand and lead them in our continuous improvement efforts. The position reports to the VP Operations and will work closely with the R&D organization as we bring new products and processes into production.
In this role, you will:
- Own the purchasing, receiving, production and shipping functions
- Implement and maintain the inventory control & production planning system
- Lead the transfer of new, production-ready processes from R&D to production
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers, improve supplier performance, prevent stock-outs and develop a best-in class supply base for critical components
- Optimize planning throughout the production area and develop and execute sourcing initiatives to reduce supply chain complexity and optimize working capital KPI’s (Raw, WIP, FGI)
- Collaborate with commercial leaders to set inventory levels needed to deliver sales forecasts
- Propose staff additions as the business grows
- Perform other duties as assigned.
It’s a perfect match if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Supply Chain Management or equivalent – education and experience in engineering or science is highly preferred
- Prior experience managing front-line supervisors/managers/operators
- 5+ years’ experience working in materials and manufacturing management and production scheduling, ideally in a bioscience or biotech setting
- Ideally, familiar with laboratory production settings, especially for biochemical reagent, medical or biological consumable production
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effect positive change
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, and inter-disciplinary environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Advanced Excel (pivot tables, slicers, charting)
- The desire and ability to take on a larger role within a growing organization